Sunday, November 1, 2009

Preparing for KL

Around lunch on Tuesday Beth and I head to Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. We will fly through Dallas, Los Angeles, and Hong Kong in route to the city. In our time in KL we will be seeking to discover how our congregation and others can best be of help to the Chin refugee community. The Chin have been called a "Forgotten People" because their story and their current plight has been so far from the public eye that most are unaware of their existence as a people. The Chin community in the midst of our congregation, a sister Chin congregation in Dallas, have helped me fall in love with the heart and passion of this people. I hope I can blog each day of our trip so that you might come along with us virtually. We hope in the process you will hear the Chin story and fall in love with them along with us.

I also hope that these updates will serve as a tool to remind you to pray for Beth and I as we travel and the the Chin we will encounter. Pack your bags. It is almost time to go.

Grace and Peace, Tom

No comments: