Sunday, June 7, 2009

A Power Global Testimony of Faith

Testimony of Faith by Matthew Tin Za Uk offered at First Baptist Church of Oklahoma City on June 7, 2009

First, I would like to thank God for this opportunity to share my testimony with the wonderful membership of First Baptist Church this morning. My family and I are refugees from Burma. My family arrived on March 17, 2009. My name is Mathtew Tin Za Uk and my wife is No Lawng. I have two sons and one daughter. My eldest son and his family are living in Malaysia.

Today, I would like to share some with you about my life-story. I was born in the Chin State, and I grew up in a Christian family. When I was a child, I wanted to be a faithful servant of God. So, I always submitted my life to God. By the grace of God, I went to seminary in Burma, and finished with my B.Th. (Bachelors of Theology) and my Master of Arts in Missions, in 1999.

After completing my studies, my family and I were sent to an unreached area as missionaries. We served in a land where the people were very strong Buddhists, and had been Buddhists for a very long time. While we were there, we were always harassed by the Buddhists and other non-believers. Sometimes they would report us to the Burmese military. They would throw stones and rocks at me for preaching the Gospel among them.

But as I experienced this oppression, I would remember the lives of our American Baptist, missionary fore-fathers; Adoniram Judson and his wife Ann who first came to Burma in 1813. I would especially remember Dr. Arthur Carson and his wife who came to the Chin State in 1899 and ministered directly with the Chin people. They loved us and literally gave their lives among us so that we would be Christians. So I have a strong conviction in my heart, that all I do will be satisfying to my Lord when I face him.

Today, my family and many Chin people are running day and night to escape from the Burmese military. As you know our country is under the control of a military dictatorship. So, we fled our country. When we arrived in the USA, everything was new to us. We were so afraid because we have no home, we have no future. We have no parents; we have no relatives or friends.

But as soon, by the grace of God, we met with First Baptist Church, we feel like we are safe again, like in our parent’s home. Now we have a future vision, because of your kindness, your compassion. I would like to especially thank Pastor, Brian McAtee. He takes care of my family and the Chin people. He helps us in our daily activity, also.

Finally, I would like to say again thank you to First Baptist Church, for everything that you have done for our Chin people. You have received us like your own children. I would like to say your grace is sufficient for us until today. May God bless you more and more, so you may continue blessing others in the future.

No comments: