Thursday, March 19, 2009

Settling Back In


It has been almost a week since I returned from my time in SEAsia. The influence of jet lag has passed but the glow from the trip remains. A couple of things that I carry with me:



  1. The students and faculty at Singapore Bible College make me very optimistic about the future of the church in Asia.
  2. The heart and faith of the Chin refugees in Malaysia touched me deeply. They have so little but share it with one another and others so generously.
  3. The Chin informal school organization is amazing. It does so much with so little.
  4. I am deeply thankful for my friends serving in SEAsia. They are doing some remarkable things for the Kingdom.
  5. My time in Southern Thailand brought back a flood of memories. But, the passionate faith demonstrated my pastor in Songkhla and his wife continues to be a source of profound inspiration to me.

It is good to be back in my place as Pastor at First Baptist Church of Oklahoma City. I continue to be thankful for the opportunity to serve among a remarkable congregation that share a heart for the world. I am grateful that for the support they give me in living out my twin calls to the church and the world.

Grace and Peace, Tom

No comments: