It has been almost a week since I returned from my time in SEAsia. The influence of jet lag has passed but the glow from the trip remains. A couple of things that I carry with me:
- The students and faculty at Singapore Bible College make me very optimistic about the future of the church in Asia.
- The heart and faith of the Chin refugees in Malaysia touched me deeply. They have so little but share it with one another and others so generously.
- The Chin informal school organization is amazing. It does so much with so little.
- I am deeply thankful for my friends serving in SEAsia. They are doing some remarkable things for the Kingdom.
- My time in Southern Thailand brought back a flood of memories. But, the passionate faith demonstrated my pastor in Songkhla and his wife continues to be a source of profound inspiration to me.
It is good to be back in my place as Pastor at First Baptist Church of Oklahoma City. I continue to be thankful for the opportunity to serve among a remarkable congregation that share a heart for the world. I am grateful that for the support they give me in living out my twin calls to the church and the world.
Grace and Peace, Tom